Monday, October 19, 2009

stuffed green peppers.

The other night I went to cook dinner and realized we did not have any meat. But, we did have fresh green peppers and tomatoes that we had bought at the Farmer's market. Since I am not the biggest green pepper fan I made stuffed tomatoes as well. Here's the recipe...

1.One box Uncle Ben's Rice (choose your favorite kind). I used Tomato Basil flavor. Cook Rice.
2.Cut of tops of green peppers (tomatoes) and remove insides.
3. Boil green peppers (not tomatoes) for 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain.
4. Dice: 3/4 c. green olives, 3/4 c. black olives, 3/4 c. mushrooms and 4 hard boiled eggs.
5. Mix all ingredients together and stuff into peppers/tomatoes.
6. Put one can stewed tomatoes on bottom of baking dish, place peppers upright in dish. I did not have stewed tomatoes so I just used a little left over spaghetti sauce we had in the fridge.
7. Cover loosely with foil, bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Makes about 6 peppers. Sorry, I don't have a photo for you. We were so hungry and dinner looked so delicious we didn't think about taking a photo.

*Ty is not an olive or mushroom fan so I chop them very small so he does not have to feel the texture. The olives and mushrooms add great flavor so I wouldn't leave them out. He enjoyed every bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment